Unusual Areas Skin Cancer Hides
There are certain areas on your body that may be uncomfortable to check, but they may be places where malignant moles are hiding out. It is important to get all areas of your body checked. If your specialist doesn’t check these areas, ask about it. You should not feel any uncomfortable or embarrassing feelings when it comes to asking about your health and well being. Here are some areas cancer might be hiding:
- Scalp – Melanoma of the scalp is sometimes a higher risk area than other areas of the body.
- Eyelids – Surprisingly five to ten percent of potentially risky cancer areas can be found on your eyelids.
- Behind the ear – Many people forget to put sunscreen on their ears, which puts them at risk for skin cancer.
- Mouth – If you have canker sores or spots that last longer than two weeks, get them checked out.
- Underarms and lymph nodes – When melanoma spreads, it usually occurs here.
- Behind – It might be uncomfortable to check more private areas but it is worth it if you find a troubling spot.
- Under your nails – this is a weird one but it is good to check for discoloration under your nail beds.
- Groin – If your skincare provider doesn’t check this area, just ask.
- Between the toes – Half of people who get diagnosed with cancer on the foot, die within five years.
For the original article go to http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/blog/where-to-check-for-skin-cancer.